I find it strange to have a website and not introduce ourselves, maybe that's small town thinking but regardless I feel it necessary. So please allow us to introduce ourselves, we are David Tye and Susan Corcoran, but I also go by Susan Tye.
David is the true farmer in this scenario, it is in his blood and the core of who he is as a person. I on the other hand am a city girl masquerading as a farm girl and fooling no one. Three years ago we moved back to David's family farm and although initially we didn't think we would farm, we decided to open a roadside market. That didn't quite work out as planned, so we started going to events and markets and business has really taken off. We are just going with the flow and we couldn't be happier.
You can find us on most Thursday mornings at Brockville Market, 8 am - 1 pm. We are at the Landsowne Country Market, at Landsdowne fair grounds, every Friday, 3 pm - 6:30 pm.
We have a jam packed summer at various local events, check out the calendar of events below.
Sundays we can be found at the Mallorytown Market until their season ends, 1 - 4 pm. The Mallorytown Market is now over and we are looking for another market.
Besides fresh produce, we are selling homemade bread, our award winning cinnamon buns, gourmet jams, jellies and sauces, as well as pickles and salsa when in season. We always have our Beer Belly Jelly for your appetizers and charcuterie board.
We would like to thank everyone that supports us. It is humbling when someone goes out of their way to support our market and farm. We have a great community in Lyndhurst and we hope to enhance the farm to fork experience in the area.
One of our most popular products is our Beer Belly Jelly, inspired by our love of local craft beer. It is a jelly that you eat with your cheese and cracker tray or charcuterie board. It comes in four flavours; Original, Red Pepper, Jalapeno and Butt Burner, with jalapenos and habaneros. Beer Belly Jelly received a lot of attention at market. People loved the name and enjoyed the taste and we heard repeatedly that we were onto something, so we ran with it. The name is trademark pending and it can be found on shelves locally. No one is more surprised than us that we have a product on store shelves, after all we thought we were having a roadside market selling vegetables but are humbled by people's response to it. We really are proud producers of Beer Belly Jelly!!
The most popular way to eat Beer Belly Jelly is on a cracker with cream cheese but if you are more of a foodie the possibilities are endless. I have made a list of 25 ways to enjoy Beer Belly Jelly. You're welcome :)
1. Put it on a ham or turkey sandwich
2. Toss your chicken wings with your favourite flavour
3. Make a vinaigrette with it
4. Serve with warm biscuits
5. Make cocktail meatballs in your slow cooker with your fave
6. Adult Pb & J
7. Glaze pork chops or chicken at the end of grilling
8. Serve over ice cream. Try it seriously..
9. Candy Bacon with Beer Belly Jelly
10. Glaze a ham
11. Dip egg rolls in melted Beer Belly Jelly
12. Mix Butt Burner or Jalapeño with mayo for a spicy sandwich spread
13. Use as a sauce with stir fried veggies
14. Dip your chicken fingers in melted BBJ
15. Serve on top of baked Brie
16. Add it to your grilled cheese for some zip
17. Bagel, cream cheese and Red Pepper BBJ
18. Use it in thumb print cookies
19. Mix BBJ with ranch dressing and spread on grilled chicken
20. Add some BBJ to your coleslaw dressing
21. Jalapeno Popper Burger; Jalapeno BBJ, cream cheese mixed with shredded cheese, and pickled jalapeños
22. Crescent Brie Bites (I'll share the recipe another day)
23. Mix it in your Pulled Pork Sauce
24. Glaze a pork tenderloin
25. Make a dip; using mayo, shredded cheddar chhese, green onions, pecan halves and melted BBJ (recipe to come)
So there you go.. Think outside the box... Share any recipes you've tried or ways you've used Beer Belly Jelly. We would love to hear from you.
Freese, C. (2016) 22 Ways to Use Pepper Jelly
Where can you find Beer Belly Jelly?
Bob's Butcher Shop, Princess St., Kingston ON
Gananoque Home Hardware, Gananoque, ON
Gananoque Brewing Company, Gananoque, On
Cookery, Inverary, ON
Lavallee's Inverary Store, Inverary, ON
Glenburnie Grocery, Glenburnie, ON
Wendy's Country Market, Lyndhurst, ON
Green Gecko, Lyndhurst, ON
Cafe Whim, Smith Falls, ON
Valley Custom Cutting Inc., Smith Falls, ON
McClelland's Hardware & Feed, Desbarats, ON
Or find us at market or events. We are hoping to soon have Beer Belly Jelly available for purchase online.
Thursdays - Brockville Market 8 am - 1 pm (occassional vendors)
Fridays - Landsdowne Market 3-6:30pm
Saturday - see event schedule
Sunday - see our event schedule
3528 County Rd-3, Leeds And The Thousand Islands, Ontario, Canada